11/28/2011

Little pleasures


Life is so full of little pleasures.  If I take the time to really notice them, it’s amazing what little pleasures can do to life the heart. 

Why in the world am I rattling on about a little pleasure?  It just struck me as I was pouring my first cup of coffee of the day.  I no longer have to wait until the entire pot is brewed.  This newest coffeemaker has the interrupt feature.  As soon as there is at least a cup full brewed I can just pour it out and return the pot to finish by itself.  No waiting – no watching the pot so it doesn’t boil over. 

Another little pleasure?  My little Doxie/Chihuahua wants to snuggle on a chilly morning.  She’s a joy to hold – like my own live babydoll.  Dad held her so I could get the photo. 

My list of little pleasures include watching the sunlight glint off the swaying Areca palm outside my door.  Beautiful winter sunsets that are like fire in the sky.  Foggy, misty mornings watching the Florida sun give birth to the day.

When I was a young momma, I just had to snatch a minute here and there for these little pleasures.  My days were full of caring for my kiddies, husband, job and home. 

So the last of my pleasures I’ll ramble about is really a big, big pleasure.  The gift of time!  The incredible gift of time to do the things I didn’t have time for when I was younger.  Time to tend to a few rose bushes - walking my doggies – a bike ride through the county park – reading an entire novel in one day– needlework – the time to wander through the entire newspaper and enjoy my second cup of coffee.  ~Pam

1 comment:

  1. amen sista... me tooooo me toooo on all of the above. and I love strong coffee and when we interrupt that first cup is nice and strong.

    ReplyDelete